Yoga with Cat Alip-Douglas & Phil Douglas
Stretch it out and find your balance at this special yoga workshop in Niseko. Internationally acclaimed teachers and Directors of Sangye Yoga London, Cat and Phil, will be returning for the 4th consecutive year. Bookings for their workshops and classes are now open! Limited spaces - early booking is recommended.
About the Workshops - The Four Contemplations
The facts of life: we all suffer from forgetfulness or forgetting our “full-ness”. A tibetan buddhist teaching suggests contemplating the four reminders to prompt us to pay attention, to become an awakened being (sangyé). Lucky for most of us, yoga practice provides an opportunity and the space to explore these simple yet profound but often forgotten fundamental truths. Thee workshops will cover the four reminders and the importance of awareness.
- precious human existence
- karma (cause and effect)
- samsara (cyclical suffering)
The workshops on both days are split into two parts:
1. Lecture and Meditation session where Cat will discuss elements of the theme and guide through a meditation session.
2. Asana (Sanskrit for ‘posture’ - often referred to the physical practice of postures in Yoga) focuses on the physical practice drawing on Cat and Phil’s wealth of experience in both teaching and practising to break down the elements of vinyasa practice: strength, flexibility and technique.
It’s recommended to attend both sessions on both days; however, there is option to attend any one of the sessions.
About the Open Class - These sessions are open to all inquisitive levels and do not require anyone to have attended the workshops. Unlike the workshops, there is no break for detailed explanations, simply a led flow through a Vinyasa Flow practice.
- Sat (土) 24 Feb Workshop: Lecture/Mediation 16:30-17:15 (45 mins) Asana (17:30-19:30) (120 Mins)
- Sun (日) 25 Feb Workshop: Lecture/Mediation 16:30-17:15 (45 mins) Asana (17:30-19:30) (120 Mins)
- Tues (火) 27 Feb 10:30-11:45 (75 mins) Open Classes (Led Vinyasa Flow) with Cat (assisted by Marika)
- Wed (水) 28 Feb 18:15-19:30 (75 Mins) Open Class (Led Vinyasa Flow) with Cat and Phil
- Lecture/Meditation ¥1,500 per Session, Asana ¥4,000 per Session
- Both Lecture/Meditation and Asana (Full day workshop) ¥5,000 per Day
- Open Class ¥2,500 per Class
For bookings or enquiries: Email Marika at [email protected] or call 08032918598
Location: The Orchards Gatehouse, Niseko (a 2 minute drive from Hirafu towards Niseko Village on the 343). Transportation from Seicomart in Hirafu offered if pre booked.